Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Blatant Terrorism!


Last Sunday (September 2) terror struck Kathmandu valley people when series of bomb blasts hit the capital city killing two and injuring 22 people.

That day I was in home, having a quite day! Then, I heard about the news in television which shook me with terror. As a regular user of public vehicles, at the same time I felt myself lucky not to be in those places where those unfortunate events took place.

Though when I had heard the news for the first time I had felt fear, insecurity with lots of dilemma about the incidents. Felt sorry for those who became victims of this blatant terrorism! But, right now as I am writing this I feel the anger rising up in me. Anger: at those people who in the name of political revolutions are killing innocent people, at government for not being able to give enough security to public and then at myself for not being able to do anything about it.

I know there has been a foul play, one reason for saying this is because 3 different groups from Terai region have claimed the responsibility for bombings. Even a child will know it could have never been done by 3 different groups from the way attack was planned. Planner and doer is someone else and responsibility is taken by another person just like the “so-called” driver took responsibility of killing famous lyricist Pravin Gurung on road accident while actually the person who run-over Gurung was Paras, then Prince of Kingdom of Nepal.

At the moment I am feeling pity and anger at those people who did and took responsibilities of violence. In my opinion, they are coward people without dignity. They are shameless people who are happy to announce the murdering of innocent peoples. I am sure; they will feel the burden of curses and tears from the victims’ family and relatives before they go to more excruciating place than hell if there is any.

At the same time, I have to say what everyone is saying and seeing; the interim government is also not as effective as it should be. Just by this incident we know how the security system it is giving. Not being able to find clue about things shows its weakness. Moreover, looking at the slow pace of its investigations and government not giving it a serious thought and action on time makes me prepare for not being surprised if this government fails in its responsibilities like conducting Constitutional Assembly Poll on its deadline.

Looking at this all…looking at my country’s situation and observing the today’s world with my eyes, I am angry at myself! I know things that are unfair but I can do nothing about it the same way I could do nothing in these bombings to stop it or heal a wounded heart of victims family. I pity myself on my helplessness. Neither can I do something nor can I close my eyes not to see things that are unfair and unjust to my understandings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure, whether this incident captured the attention of international media or not, but it reminds us the situations in Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan. Raw pictures from the crime scene were so horrifying that anyone becomes breathless to see them.

I don't think,they really know the motive behind this serial blast. In fact, racism or any kind of bigotry or chauvinism is blossoming in our country. I don’t want to blame anyone; but if we try to dig out the root, there is a group of people they call themselves "revolutionary political organization" to instigate the peace and harmony by seeding the idea of sovereign state-for particular tribe or race.

This incident is just an example how the idea is being applied by some group of people who want to establish their sovereign state.

Smita said...

Taraji, I am very thankful for your comments as always.

Definitely, I agree with you about the way the incident reminded us of situations in Iraq and other certain nations which are under the clouds of violence. The way the incident stirred us (Nepalese) surely didn’t stir the world and international media.

Actually, I have not heard about “revolutionary political organization” before. So I don’t know about its involvement in this and neither can we blame as you have already made it clear. And also YES, it could be the example of what they believe in but I think their beliefs and their idea is misapplied here.

Nepal is a country with diversity so we should respect that. But while demanding for Federal Republic with Rights for Self-determination (for insuring Identity and Equal Representation of each caste, culture, region, etc.) we should not allow emergence of racism and any kind of bigotry.

Here, I also want to make clear the idea of wanting self-ruling state for particular caste, culture and region (as demanded by indigenous people of Nepal) is also considered as a way of “separating or demanding for a separate state” by many people but it is NOT what we are demanding for. We are totally misunderstood! What we want is to be part of the nation called Nepal, get the feelings of being Nepali and equally belonging here as others are. We want to have equal opportunities at participating equally at the development of our country and way of doing that is best in federalism inclusive system, which is our best option right now.

Well, i think I said enough for now. Thank you agan for the comment. Hope to get your informative comments again and again!

Mushroom hunters

foraging mushrooms with my dad in Jhumlawang It was a good day. Sun and cloud were playing hide and seek creating a  komorebi  (sunbeam)effe...