Monday, January 3, 2011

CRAZY!!



Part – 2
You apologized!
I didn't understand. "Why?" I asked. You just kept apologizing, 'for everything.'
Confused, I added some more sugar in my coffee. Stirred for a while and took a sip. Tasteless!
I raised my head, looked at you sitting uneasily opposite the table. I gave you a confused smile. You looked away. I sighed, clueless!
But, deep down, somewhere, something felt empty. I was sad, very sad. All of a sudden, I felt lonely.
I wrecked my head, searched into the memories. Yet, I could find nothing. Nothing for you to be sorry for, nothing for me to be sad and lonely for.
I got more confused. The question kept repeating on my head, "Why sorry?" "Why?"…
I looked at you again. Without meeting my gaze you gave a shaky smile. Then you lowered your head, again. You closed your eyes and I heard another softly spoken, "Forgive me!"
You looked so sad and so sorry! It almost felt like you were hurting as much as I was.
That hit me!
A short gasp escaped from my mouth. You looked more apologetic. I was too naïve, too ignorant.
I realized.
I heard my heart break. The sound was piercing, cold and painful. I couldn't breath!

No comments:

Mushroom hunters

foraging mushrooms with my dad in Jhumlawang It was a good day. Sun and cloud were playing hide and seek creating a  komorebi  (sunbeam)effe...