Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Its Raining!!!! La..Lah...Lah...:)

Its raining...Its raining and its raining!


Ohhhh....so cool! This winter had passed without a drop of rain from the sky this year, claiming itself a title of 'driest winter ever!' but now with the start of Spring, rain God has finally given us what we all had been praying for! Thank God its raining...or may be it stopped now...not so sure but hey hey heyyyy....at least it rained....Now, for time being I am sure we will be able to breath in a fresh air and see some fresh greeneries around Kathmandu. Isn't that Cool, or what!


For few days the weather had been so gloomy and dusty, it was irritating everyone and had given headache (I mean literally!) to many of them. When I had left home for the usual, it was not so different from yesterdays. Whole day, I failed to notice anything extra-ordinary about weather than before (I was too busy teasing people around me...today, my hormone for teasing others was extra-active in the surface!). So, when I was out of Kantipur Publications heading for home this afternoon around 6:30, it was all windy and the sky was frighteningly dark but I felt so so happy...and I actually clapped and did the titanic-wing move right there, outside the gate. Then I saw the first lightening, it was so out-of-no-where I nearly had a stroke!


I called my brother Ajay to do shopping with me. I was constantly frightened by loud sound of thundering and of light traveling through the areas where there was load-shedding. So, when I found Ajay standing by the Kathmandu Mall I really felt releaved. But, as soon as we entered the Mall it started drizzling. When we finished our shopping it was raining pretty heavy...but we thought we should head for home as it was getting late. Now, as I am shivering with cold I am regreting the decision. The rain was so so chilling while driving in a motorcycle...On the way home, I saw people sheltering under trees and by the houses! All the black ditches on the typical Kathmandu road were filled with dirty water...when vehicles passed by those they made fountains of it...which was also one of the reason those walkers-by were all drenched from head to toe. Irritating part to say!

But, can you smell the soil, the mud, the Earth...the smell is so delightful and so so fresh...so good! I am happy...tomorrow it will not be a dusty and gloomy day!

No comments:

Mushroom hunters

foraging mushrooms with my dad in Jhumlawang It was a good day. Sun and cloud were playing hide and seek creating a  komorebi  (sunbeam)effe...